|Claim this listing|
The 1927 vintage California Theatre, renovated in 2004, is a 1,119-seat opera hall, theater and Vaudeville-era movie palace located in the heart of downtown San Jose's SoFA District, adjacent to the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. Used both as a performing arts facility and a conference and meeting facility, it has been home to notable events such as Apple's iPod rollouts with U2 and Wynton Marsalis. Additional meeting rooms, with state-of-the-art audio and video technology, have been added to the original structure.
* Motion Picture Screenings
* Theatrical Performances
* Private Parties and Receptions
Showtimes & Tickets 408-792-4111
Theatre Rental 408-792-4538
California Theatre is home to Opera San Jose and Symphony Silicon Valley. Opera San José is a unique professional, regional opera company. Maintaining a resident company of principal artists, Opera San Jose showcases young professional singers and emerging talents in the early years of their careers. Symphony Silicon Valley is the professional orchestra company of San Jose.
Downtown San Jose Restaurant Guide
Hotels in Downtown San Jose
More San Jose/Silicon Valley Theaters
SanJose.com Wedding Guide
SanJose.com Meeting Guide
- RT @TheDancingCatSJ: @SanJoseDotCom @SoFAdistrict Our San Jose cat lounge is up and running! Book your visit here: https://t.co/8Sz6njedWM â€¦
- Actress and performer @BetteMidler returns to the stage for Divine Miss M's national tour http://t.co/9YWVDhVBSL http://t.co/gk1HbKvSIm
- .@CuptertinoInn heats up with @detoxsunday pool party. Make a splash this #MemorialDayWeekend. http://t.co/vE4oRt5sf8 http://t.co/9h4Op8vjca