USO Hospitality House. This is a scan of an original postcard
purchased from San Jose historian Leonard McKay. Leonard describes
it thusly, "The USO Hospitality House
was located on the south end of Plaza Park. With volunteer help,
it was erected in a single day to serve the servicemen and women
who passed through our community during World War II. Many a
San Josean met a future spouse here."
The house is gone now. The red giddy-gapper
in the background is the cupola of City Hall. Which indicates
this photo was taken prior to 1958.