E. Carlson, 1999

Page 24  St. James Park Menu

Page 26

43 E. Saint James St.

Designed by San Francisco architect Willis Polk in 1904. The structure was built in the shape of a Greek cross, and topped by a 45-foot high dome. In 1946, the congregation moved to a new church on The Alameda.

Some uses of the church since that time have included movie theater, day care center and rehearsal hall for the San Jose Children's Musical Theater. It has stood abandoned for years. A bone in the boneyard.

Page 24   St. James Park Menu

Page 26