E. Carlson, 1999

Page 17  St. James Park Menu

Page 19

81 N. 2nd St.

Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, built in 1863, is the oldest church building in San Jose. Constructed on the former site of Major Samuel Hensley's corral by John W. Hammond. It is constructed in the carpenter Gothic style.

Interior of church is ornately carved redwood with ornamented beams and trusses.

Originally facing St. Jame's Park, it was renovated in 1876 and turned to face Second Street. The tower, spire, and a building for a chapel and guild rooms were added in the 1880's.

David Hickey (not the famous one) went to church here as a child. Joel P. was once asked to leave - at a wedding - for smoking.

Page 17   St. James Park Menu

Page 19