12th Annual Kihncert
Bret Michaels of Poison, The Greg Kihn Band, The Tubes & Others in an All-Day Classic Rock Concert Festival Extravaganza - Adva
- Sat Oct 12, 2013
- Morgan Hill Outdoor Sports Complex
- 12 noon to 11 p.m.
- $15 - $95
- Music, Concerts, Rock, New Wave/80s Music, Country Music, City Events, Music Festivals
DescriptionBret Michaels now has two claims to fame, as the star of reality TV's Rock of Love and as the lead of singer of '80s glam-rock band Poison. Whether it's Michaels' TV status or music career that the festival organizers are hoping to draw some heads is yet to be determined, but previous headliners include the Who, Steve Miller Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kansas, Night Ranger, and more. Also playing this year's show is the Greg Kihn Band, the Tubes and Dada. (Aaron Carnes)
Greg Kihn is proud to announce the 12th Annual Kihncert, featuring headliner Bret Michaels of Poison, Saturday, October 12 at the 15,000 capacity Morgan Hill Outdoor Sports Center, just a mere 25-minutes south of San Jose in Morgan Hill, California. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.Kihncert.com
The all-day Classic Rock concert festival extravaganza, which will begin at 12 noon and run to 11 p.m., also features The Greg Kihn Band (The Break-up Song; They Don’t Write Em Like That, and Jeopardy) and The Tubes (White Punks on Dope, Talk to Ya Later and She’s a Beauty). Rounding out the musical line-up is Dada, The Brodie Stewart Band, Mad Jack and XEB.
General admission tickets are ludicrously inexpensive at only $15 in advance through http://www.kihncert.com and $20 day of show. A VIP Soundcheck Party Package, where you can hang with Greg Kihn and all of the acts, is also available at $95 per person through Kinhcert.com. There will be food from dozens of Truck Nation gourmet faire vendors and, in celebration of Kihntoberfest, party, imbibe and kihnsume the very best adult beverages at the beer and wine garden where regional bands and artists will entertain on a side-stage between mainstage sets. Count on many other additional vendors of goodies, arts, treats and other cool stuff.
For 12-years, the long-running Kihncert, one of the largest Classic Rock concert festivals west of the Mississippi, annually drew thousands of fans to the massive Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, California. The Kihncert featured Greg Kihn as the emcee with the Greg Kihn Band performing alongside many of the world’s greatest Classic Rock bands, including The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jefferson Starship, Eddie Money, Boston, Paul Rodgers of Bad Company, The Steve Miller Band, Foghat, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, John Waite, Pat Travers, Night Ranger, Mickey Thomas’ Starship, Styx, REO Speedwagon, .38 Special, Blue Oyster Cult, Pat Benatar, Yes, and Kansas.
The Kihncert is being produced by the students of ARTTECUSA.com
• What: The 12th Annual Kihncert featuring Bret Michaels of Poison, The Greg Kihn Band, The Tubes, Dada, The Brodie Stewart Band, Mad Jack and XEB.
• When: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 12 noon to 11 p.m.
• Where: The Morgan Hill Outdoor Sports Center, 16500 Condit Road, Morgan Hill, CA 95037, http://www.morganhilloutdoorsportscenter.com, tel: 408-778-3900 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tickets: $15 in advance at http://www.kihncert.com, $20 at the door and $95 VIP Soundcheck Party Meet-and-Greet Package with the Artists. Service charges apply.